subject: Critics say Carolina’s secondary needs help. What do Panthers starters say?Posted: 1:18am, Sep 13, 2017
39 posts
and when he was younger, the Panthers’ secondary depth – or lack thereof – has been oft-criticized,This offseason,womens Sean Mannion Jersey Captain Munnerlyn would have heard that chatter.

But as a nine-year veteran in his second stint with Carolina (Munnerlyn was drafted by the Panthers in 2009 and played for them until 2013), Authentic Laremy Tunsil Jersey,that isn’t the case.

‘Man, I used to be reading everything like,’” Munnerlyn saidAuthentic Xavien Howard Jersey,. “But now I don’t read into it. I just try to keep rolling,“Back in my younger days, keep the clock ticking.”

and their message was one and the same. The media can say and write what it wants about their unit, as well as safeties Mike Adams and Kurt Coleman – spoke at the Charlotte Touchdown Club’s Panthers’ Kick Off Luncheon on Friday,,Munnerlyn and the rest of Carolina’s starting secondary – including cornerbacks Daryl Worley and James Bradberry,womens Laremy Tunsil Jersey,but they aren’t paying attention.

” Coleman said. “A lot of the things that you guys may hear or say, I don’t read too much of the media,womens Xavien Howard Jersey, it has no bearing on what I want or what the front office wants. It’s just kind of hearsay,“I’m gonna be honest,Authentic Brandon Doughty Jersey, so I think you just have to blur that out.”

when the Panthers put the franchise tag on All-Pro cornerback Josh Norman. Then, the Panthers rescinded that tag,womens Chandler Jones Jersey,he signed a five-year, making Norman a free agent. Weeks later,That criticism originated last offseason, $75 million dollar deal with Washington that made him the NFL’s highest paid cornerback.

Worley in the third round out of West Virginia, Authentic Chandler Jones Jersey, but they attempted to do so via the draft. They added Bradberry in the second round out of Samford,There was no realistic way for the Panthers to replace Norman,womens Brandon Doughty Jersey, and Zack Sanchez in the fifth round out of Oklahoma (Sanchez was waived/injured Friday with a groin injury suffered in Thursday’s preseason finale).

as expected, mixed. While both Bradberry and Worley showed flashes of excellence, both struggled with rookie mistakes. Now in their second seasons, especially down the stretch,The results were, they’ll have an opportunity to show what a difference a year in Carolina’s system makes.

acquired in a trade with Buffalo for receiver Kaelin Clay on Saturday,Authentic Sean Mannion Jersey, that once-questionable depth got even slimmer. The Panthers waived/injured Sanchez and put fellow backup corner Teddy Williams on injured reserve on Friday. Corn Elder (out with a knee injury) was put on injured reserve Sunday. Undrafted rookie free agent Cole Luke (who was burned for a deep touchdown Thursday) and Kevon Seymour,But behind them,Authentic Kenyan Drake Jersey,are the backups at the corner.

with veteran Colin Jones and undrafted rookie safety Demetrious Cox, Coleman and Adams are secure in their starting roles,womens Kenyan Drake Jersey,claimed off waivers Sunday,At safety behind them.

but for now the guys in the locker room are the guys,womens John Brown Jersey,There have been a number of new imports this cut weekend, and they’re motivated to prove their doubters wrong.

everyone’s going to have their opinion,“,Authentic John Brown Jersey,Honestly,” Worley said. “We’ve just got to go our there and do our jobs.”
emailpm
There are 1 posts in this topic.
Currently Reading: