subject: Eagles' Ronald Darby takes rough night in stridePosted: 2:18am, Sep 11, 2017
41 posts
you get the bear; other days,Authentic Josh Reynolds Jersey,The first rule of survival for an NFL cornerback is accepting this bit of rural wisdom: Some days, the bear gets you.

you’re not going to be perfect,womens Charles Harris Jersey,’ Ronald Darby said after the Eagles’ 38-31 preseason win over the Miami Dolphins on Thursday night. “Once you understand that,“At the end of the day, you can go out there and play freely.’’

acquired from Buffalo two weeks ago for wide receiver Jordan Matthews and a 2018 third-round draft pick, is the Eagles’ most talented cornerback since Asante Samuel. But against the Dolphins,Darby, Darby had what he aptly described as “one of those nights.’’

On the Dolphins’ third possession, he gave up a 72-yard catch-and-run to DeVante Parker that set up Miami’s first touchdown.

Later in the first quarter,'Authentic Samson Ebukam Jersey he got beaten by Jarvis Landry for a 17-yard completion that would have been a lot longer if Jay Cutler’s throw had been more accurate.

three plays later, Darby drew a 42-yard,Authentic Cordrea Tankersley JerseyThen, pass-interference penalty in the end zone after getting beaten on a double move by Kenny Stills.

Landry and Stills aren’t Moe,Now, Larry and Curly. They’re all really, really good wideouts who combined for 192 receptions, it needs to be mentioned that Parker, 2,606 yards and 17 touchdowns last season and were a big reason the Dolphins qualified for the playoffs for just the second time in 15 years.

It also needs to be mentioned that this was a preseason game and that Darby still is in the getting-to-know-you stage with coordinator Jim Schwartz’s defense.

“There’s still a little bit more that I need to know,’’ he said. “Like where my help’s at and things like that. But I feel I’ve picked up a tremendous amount already.’’

So, don’t despair. Darby certainly won’t.

everything goes your way,’’ he said. “Some nights,“Some nights,Authentic Cooper Kupp Jersey, everything doesn’t. I’d rather it happen now than when it really counts. Make mistakes now rather than during the season. Go back and learn from it and make sure you continue to work.’’womens Raekwon McMillan Jersey

Darby actually had him covered very well. It was a 50/50 ball on which the 6-foot-3 Parker, who has a four-inch height advantage on Darby,Authentic John Johnson Jersey,
,,On Cutler’s long completion down the sideline to Parker, just outjumped him.

’’ Darby said. “I felt [the ball] coming. I stayed straight. I should’ve leaned into him a little more. That’s a mistake I made. It was a good throw and catch. I’m going to watch the film,“It was one-on-one,womens Cordrea Tankersley Jersey,' Authentic Charles Harris Jersey, critique myself and make sure it doesn’t happen again.’’

On the pass-interference penalty, Stills beat Darby on a stop route.

“It was a double move,womens James White Jersey, I’m telling myself, when I catch up to him,’’ Darby said. “He kind of got a step on me. As I’m running, I’m just going to take him hard.

“When I caught up to him, I looked back and saw the ball was a little further inside. So I tried to reach around him and make a play on the ball.’’

Two years ago, Darby was the NFL’s defensive rookie of the year. Pro Football Focus rated him as the fourth-best corner in the league in 2015.

Last year, his play slipped a bit. 'womens Samson Ebukam JerseyHe knows it better than anybody else and is determined to raise his game back up this season.

Darby played second-fiddle to the Bills’ other corner,,Authentic James White Jersey, Stephon Gilmore,In Buffalo, who signed with New England in the off-season.

Darby will be the No. 1 corner. Second-year man Jalen Mills, who is expected to start on the other side,With the Eagles, will be the Captain to his Tennille.

Schwartz hasn’t said yet whether Darby and Mills will play sides or whether Darby will shadow the opponent’s top wideout all over the field. 'womens John Johnson Jersey, It likely will be a week-to-week decision, but Darby made no secret Thursday night that he hopes Schwartz lets him follow the other team’s best receiver.

“If you want to get that label as a lock-down corner,’’ you need to cover the best wideout, he said. womens Cooper Kupp Jersey,“I’m not afraid to lose battles. At the end of the day, then yeah, my goal is to win more than I lose.’’

With cutdown day just eight days away,,Authentic Raekwon McMillan Jersey, there still is a great deal of uncertainty at cornerback beyond Darby and Mills.

or Patrick Robinson? Both played pretty well against the Dolphins. Robinson, who started in the slot,> womens Josh Reynolds Jersey,'
,It remains to be seen who will be the Week 1 slot corner. Will it be Ron Brooks, had a nice pass breakup on a deep ball to Landry on Miami’s first possession.
emailpm
There are 1 posts in this topic.
Currently Reading: