subject: Cardinals counting on offensive firepower for another shot at postseason gloryPosted: 2:43am, Sep 7, 2017
41 posts
Maybe this is the last go-round for the aging Arizona Cardinals trio of Bruce Arians, Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald. At least one of them might call it quits after this season.

If it’s their last year together, they are convinced they are part of a team with the talent to contend.
,Authentic Patrick Roy jersey,
“I really like the looks of our squad,” Arians said.

The 64-year-old coach is coming off a 7-8-1 year, Authentic Gabriel Landeskog jersey>the only losing record in his five seasons in Arizona.

The talent begins with David Johnson, perhaps the best and certainly the most versatile running back in the NFL.

“Like I’ve always said, “he’s the closest thing I’ve been around since Marshall Faulk.”Authentic Artemi Panarin jersey>,” Arians said

Last yearin his second NFL season,Authentic Nathan MacKinnon jersey,118) and touchdowns (20). He led all running backs with 879 yards receiving.,, Johnson led the league in yards from scrimmage (2

In 32 career games, a statistic that helps make him a fantasy football darling.,Authentic Scott Hartnell jersey, Johnson has scored 33 touchdowns

He was first-team All-Pro in the newly created “flex” position, and second team at running back. Johnson was the first player in NFL history to top 100 yards from scrimmage in each of the first 15 games of the season and probably would have made it 16 had he not hurt his knee in the finale in Los Angeles.

This year,Authentic Nick Foligno jersey, the 2015 third-round draft pick out of Northern Iowa has set a lofty goal: topping 1, something accomplished only by Faulk and Roger Craig.,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards receiving

“Most definitely a realistic, for-sure goal, “just because I was so close last year and I feel like I have a lot more to improve.”,” Johnson saidadidas Seth Jones jersey,

But as much as Johnson shines, Palmer rebounded in the final eight games., the Cardinals’ success will ultimately rest with how the 37-year-old Palmer performs behind a redesigned offensive line.adidas Artemi Panarin jersey Arians is consistently giving Palmer time off to rest his arm. After a poor first half to last season

“In football years, I think it’s perceived once you get to 35 you’re old, I look at is as being experienced and mature.”,,” he said,adidas Patrick Roy jersey, “but if you can still put it on every day and play and work out and train and prepare mentally

Expectations weighed heavily on the Cardinals last year after they went 13-3 and made it to the NFC championship game in the 2015 season. The players seem to enjoy being away from that limelight as they prepare for the coming season.

Here are some things to watch on the 2017 Cardinals:adidas Gabriel Landeskog jersey

FITZ’S FINALE? Fitzgerald,adidas Nathan MacKinnon jersey,',125) who turned 34 last week,389) and eighth in touchdowns (104). And he’s still remarkably effective.,'enters his 14th NFL season with statistics that already have cemented his Hall of Fame status. He ranks third in career receptions (1, ninth in yards receiving (14

Last season,023 yards., he led the NFL with 107 catches for 1adidas Scott Hartnell jersey,'

Whether this is his final season is anyone’s guess. 'adidas Nick Foligno jersey, He has promised there would be no grand announcement, that he would just walk away.

If John Brown can keep away from illness and injury, ,Authentic Seth Jones jersey,he’ll join steady Jaron Brown and speedy J.J. Nelson as the other chief passing targets.
emailpm
There are 1 posts in this topic.
Currently Reading: