subject: St. Paul native Kyle Okposo opens up about ‘scary’ season-ending illnessPosted: 8:15pm, Aug 31, 2017
100 posts

Buffalo Sabres winger Kyle Okposo competed in Da Beauty League last week,Authentic Cyrus Jones Jersey, a major step in his road to recovering from an undisclosed illness that put him in the hospital and caused him to miss the final six games of the season.

Okposo, a St. Paul native and former University of Minnesota star,womens Jacoby Brissett Jersey, confirming that he was suffering from a concussion worsened by an adverse reaction to medication.,womens Joe Thuney Jersey, opened up in a self-composed article posted on the Sabres team website on Monday afternoon

Okposo said the entire situation stemmed from “a routine hit” during a practice. While he brushed it off in the immediate aftermath,womens Malcom Brown Jersey, Okposo noted that his mood started to change, as the days progressed.,Authentic Geneo Grissom Jersey, and he started to lose weight

“My senses for some reason were worsening with each passing day, noting that he initially thought the symptoms were being caused by fatigue.,womens Sheldon Rankins Jersey,” Okposo wrote

Okposo played in the following game against the Florida Panthers on March 27. He then boarded a plane that night and had intentions of playing in the game against the Columbus Blue Jackets on March 28.

“When things only got worse the next day,” Okposo wrote. “I thought some rest and time off would do the trick.”,womens Vonn Bell Jersey, I spoke with coach and made the decision to sit that one out

As the symptoms persisted, Okposo was admitted to Buffalo General Medical Center.

Things to a turn for the worse, when Okposo had an adverse reaction to medication and ultimately landed in the intensive care unit., however

“I still couldn’t sleep, and the weight loss continued at an alarming rate, I weighed less than 200 pounds. I haven’t weighed that little since I was 17.”,” Okposo wrote. “At one point

Okposo used the word “scary” to describe his time in the ICU. He eventually stabilized and left the hospital with a new perspective on life, opting to spend as much time as possible with his wife,womens Cyrus Jones Jersey, and two kids.,Authentic Jacoby Brissett Jersey, Danielle

“They’re the most important thing in my life,Authentic Joe Thuney Jersey, but this experience reaffirmed it. I want to be a good husband and I want to be the best dad I can.”,Authentic Malcom Brown Jersey,Authentic Jordan Richards Jersey,” he wrote. “I always knew that

That said,womens Jordan Richards Jersey,womens Geneo Grissom Jersey, evidenced by him competing in Da Beauty League last week., Okposo is ready to return to the rink

“I’ve worked with a lot of different people — concussion experts and people who have dealt with concussions themselves — and I feel confident in the fact that I can play hockey again,Authentic Sheldon Rankins Jersey,” Okposo wrote. “In fact,Authentic Vonn Bell Jersey, that probably wouldn’t be the case.”, I know I can play again. I know I can play and not worry about hitting my head, which is a major hurdle for someone who’s dealt with this. If I didn’t feel 100 percent right now

Okposo reportedly visited the Sabres last month and has already chatted with new general manager Jason Botterill and new head coach Phil Housley.

“He’s also a Minnesota guy, which ups him a few notches in my book, a South St. Paul native.,” Okposo wrote of Housley

Okposo signed a seven-year, $42 million contract with the Sabres on July 1, 26 assists) in 65 games last season. He anticipates being ready for training camp in a couple months., 2016 and had 45 points (19 goals

“I said at my opening press conference that I came to the Sabres because I think we have a chance to win the Stanley Cup,” Okposo wrote. “I can’t wait to be back with the boys next month to get this going.”, and I really believe that
emailpm
There are 1 posts in this topic.
Currently Reading: