subject: Quietly, Robert Nkemdiche Making StridesPosted: 1:12am, Aug 22, 2017
41 posts

All offseason, Robert Nkemdiche preferred to keep a low profile.

The 2016 No. 1 draft pick didn’t want to talk much about his lost rookie season. The defensive tackle wanted to just come to training camp and do his work on the field and let that speak for itself.

he wasn’t making any bold predictions. He wouldn’t say he could replace departed Pro Bowler Calais Campbell,After a practice Thursday in which Nkemdiche looked the part of a top pick, reiterating only that he was going to work on his own game.

“They are looking for the best Robert,” Nkemdiche said.

Nkemdiche played in just five games, totaling just two tackles,Last season, and he called it a “learning lesson,womens Marlon Humphrey Jersey,” he said.

“It was for me just to see how the ropes go as an NFL pro,womens Tyus Bowser Jersey,” Nkemdiche added.

Earlier in the week,Authentic Tim Williams Jersey, coach Bruce Arians was blunt – as he had been for a while about Nkemdiche – saying Nkemdiche had to learn for the first time in his career he couldn’t be successful just by showing up.

” Arians said. “Especially when you’ve got guys (you’re going against) who’ve got children,womens Nico Siragusa Jersey,“It doesn’t work here, are paying bills.”

something teammates and coaches noticed in the offseason. In many ways,Nkemdiche evolved, Nkemdiche is making the jump from first year to second year many players have made.

it’s understanding the plays and not being hesitant in what I want to do,“For me,” Nkemdiche said. “It’s better when you can play understanding what you do and how the defense actually works. Football is a game of inches. One inch can put you behind the play.”

Arians has praised Nkemdiche consistently through the offseason and the beginning of camp. Nkemdiche insisted he isn’t paying attention to any compliments.womens Tim Williams Jersey,

“There are a lot of things I’ve done on tape that aren’t my standard,” Nkemdiche said. “I just want to keep getting better.”

rians said money linebacker Deone Bucannon, who is on the physically-unable-to-perform list after ankle

surgery,Authentic Marlon Humphrey Jersey,' Authentic Tyus Bowser Jersey,Authentic Chris Wormley Jersey, is running outside and “getting close.”

Arians added that Bucannon needs some practice time to be considered for playing in the regular-season opener Sept. 10.,Authentic Nico Siragusa Jersey,

if not 10 days where he can get into football shape,womens Chris Wormley Jersey,” Arians said. “It’s one thing to be out there running around,“At least a weekit’s another thing to hold off 300-pound linemen on that leg and run and chase backs.”
emailpm
There are 1 posts in this topic.
Currently Reading: