subject: Former Midshipman Shines In Ravens Practice At NavyPosted: 8:38pm, Aug 10, 2017
39 posts

Ravens wide receiver Keenan Reynolds picked the perfect place to have one of his best practices of training camp. The former Navy star quarterback made several nice catches,Authentic John Brown Jersey, including a leaping 30-yard touchdown, in the same stadium where he became a Heisman Trophy finalist.

The Ravens took training camp on the road to Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium Aug. 5 for their only open practice outside Baltimore this training camp, and Reynolds was certainly one of the star attractions before the announced crowd of 10,321.

In the morning Aug. 5, once practice began, Reynolds spoke to the team about the Naval Academy, Navy tradition and the naval history documented on the stadium walls. Then, Reynolds made several big plays, and the Ravens made sure the Navy Reserve officer got his number called often.

“What a big night [for Reynolds],” Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said. “I saw his confidence shift to another gear here, and I guess I can see why. Pretty comfortable here.”

Reynolds finished his Naval Academy career in 2015 with 88 touchdowns -- the most in NCAA Division I history -- and finished fifth in the Heisman Trophy voting as a senior. His 4,559 career rushing yards are the most ever by a NCAA quarterback.

“It felt like Saturday game day, I didn’t want to get too crazy,Authentic Xavien Howard Jersey," Reynolds said walking onto the stadium turf. "[I] had to calm down warming up,Authentic Brandon Doughty Jersey,womens Chandler Jones Jersey, get gassed before practice even started.”

With Breshad Perriman (hamstring) still sidelined, and with Jeremy Maclin also out (presumably for a veteran’s day off),womens Kenyan Drake Jersey, Reynolds moved up the receiver depth chart and got plenty of action.

“Steve Smith told me my rookie year, ‘Make a play a day. It’ll keep you around,’" Reynolds said. “So I’ve carried that with me since he left. That’s what I try to strive for each day."

After his 30-yard touchdown grab, Reynolds even popped up and gave the ball a Smith-like ball spin.

“It was a great place to have one of my better practices since I’ve been a Raven, who finds himself in a tight battle for one of the final receiver roster spots. Reynolds also took some reps as a punt returner at the Navy practice,” Reynolds said, which might be another route to a roster spot for him.

Harbaugh said Saturday morning, Reynolds spoke to the team about the Naval Academy, at the urging of special teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg, its traditions and about life as a Midshipman.

“Talking to them about the tradition and the history of this place,” Reynolds said, and the men and women that have come through this institution, “it’s just an honor to be an alumnus.”

“It was great to hear Keenan talk about the history of the stadium,Authentic Kenyan Drake Jersey,,Authentic Chandler Jones Jersey, womens John Brown Jersey,womens Brandon Doughty Jersey,womens Xavien Howard Jersey, the school," Tight end Maxx Williams said. "It was really cool to kind of see what he’s been through and what our military is all about.”
emailpm
There are 1 posts in this topic.
Currently Reading: