subject: Jake Fisher glad he decided to return for another year with ThunderBoltsPosted: 2:18am, Jul 29, 2017
266 posts

When Jake Fisher left the ThunderBolts in the midst of the best season of his career last year in order to return to school, he thought he was walking away from baseball for good.

The 26-year-old lefty, however, soon realized he wasn't ready to give up the sport he loves.

"There was a feeling I had when I left,womens Jake Fisher Jersey," Fisher said. "I felt bad,Authentic Tyler Kroft Jersey , not just for the team, but for myself personally. I didn't want to walk away from the game like that. I felt like I had more in me. So, I made that decision in the offseason to get going with training and be ready to come back."

Fisher is back with a vengeance. He's been the Frontier League's best pitcher in July,Authentic Nick Vigil Jersey, going 4-0 with a 1.09 ERA in the month to move his season totals to 6-4 with a 3.34 ERA.

He was named the league's Pitcher of the Week on July 17 for the week prior,womens Paul Dawson Jersey ,Authentic Cedric Ogbuehi Jersey, when he didn't allow an earned run in eight innings in a win over Washington.

"The biggest difference has been preparation mentally, knowing if I go and compete each pitch," Fisher said. "It's about getting focused for each pitch and not worrying about outcomes, the best results are going to happen anyway."

T-Bolts manager Ron Biga has seen Fisher take on a huge leadership role after the T-Bolts lost 40 percent of their starting rotation in June when Kyle Von Ruden and Brady Muller were signed by major league organizations.

Fisher is a big reason why Windy City was 10-5 in July and in a wild card position at 33-25 heading into Sunday's games.

"Jake's really stepped up when we needed him" Biga said. "He's been doing outstanding work."

Over his first two seasons with the T-Bolts in 2014-15, Fisher went 10-17 with a 5.14 ERA.

Last season, the Norman, though, Oklahoma native was leading the league in wins at 9-4 with a 3.30 ERA when he faced a dilemma in early August.

A graduate assistant position in the athletic department at his alma mater, opened up and Fisher was offered the position,Authentic Jake Fisher Jersey, the University of Oklahoma, which allowed him to work and take graduate school classes tuition-free.

"It was tough, but it was tough to leave these guys. I was at a crossroads and I didn't really know what I wanted,womens Tyler Kroft Jersey, womens Nick Vigil Jersey,'Authentic Paul Dawson Jersey, womens Cedric Ogbuehi Jersey," Fisher said. "I was grateful for the University of Oklahoma giving me that opportunity. It was a blessing, but now I'm just glad to be back competing with these guys."

Fisher got off to a slow start this season. Entering July, he was 2-4 with a 4.91 ERA.

"It was a challenge coming back after missing the end of last year," he said. "I came in here and my year didn't start off the way I wanted, but I felt like I was throwing pretty well.

"Now, I feel like I'm getting back to where I was last year. I'm just going to try to keep riding this wave."
emailpm
There are 1 posts in this topic.
Currently Reading: