Mar2608Mar 26, 08
Due to the further development of amoebaOS, all future mDock releases will not be free of charge.
mDock versions 1 and 2 are both freely available, see Cellnotes.ca/mDock2.
About mDock 2
mDock is a high quality content navigation system for websites seeking to improve usability and visual appeal. Drawing from the success of Mac OS X's "dock", mDock provides an ultra-fluid method of site navigation for users, while maintaining XHTML Strict compliance.
- Specify Icon properties (name, icon, link/action, target, label)
- Set the default/initial icons
- Preload icons
- Dynamically add and remove icons
- Make an icon bounce up and down (the "attention" effect)
- Create separators
- Make icon labels fade in and out
- Initialize mDock 2 in two different ways (scripted or as a widget)
mDock 2 has built in features allowing you to:
One of the best features of mDock is its plug-in architecture. To create an mDock plug-in, just create a new ".plugin" file in your /mDock/plugins/ folder. The images below are screen captures of mDock 2, as seen in Firefox 18.104.22.168 on Mac OS X.
Why you should be excited about this:
- mDock 2 uses valid XHTML 1.1 Strict, and is backwards-compatible to HTML 4.01
- mDock 2 is always being updated & upgraded
- mDock 2 takes about 10 minutes to add to your website
I would encourage you to visit the mDock 2 home base and example site, which can be found on CellNotes.ca at: www.CellNotes.ca/mDock2.